The Wedding Checklist
6 - 12 months before the wedding
- Announce engagement. Use formal printed
announcements and/or the newspaper.
- Select a wedding date and time.
- Choose size and style of wedding. Do you want a formal,
- Set a preliminary budget.
- Schedule a meeting with both sets of parents to
openly discuss wedding expectations, costs and responsibilities.
- Hire wedding planner/coordinator if you plan to use one.
- Buy a wedding planner or a notebook to remain
organized and record decisions.
- Invite attendants to be in your wedding.
- Reserve the ceremony location.
- Choose the officiant/minister for the ceremony.
(This service is available at The Bridal Station)
- Reserve the reception site. Find out what
services are included or available.
- Interview caterers, florists, photographers,
videographers, musicians, etc. Be sure to taste food options, see the
work of florists, photographers and videographers. Listen to or watch
tapes of musicians. Ask for references and discuss deposit
requirements and the cancellation policy. Hire as soon as possible.
- Create a preliminary guest list, including
addresses. Ask all parents to do the same. Include the
relationship (friend, uncle) this helps if the list needs to be shortened. (Hint
on friends: to shorten a guest list, if you have not spoken to someone in a 6
then it is ok for them to not be on the guest list.)
- Begin planning the wedding ceremony and reception.
- Write out directions and or a map to be included on
a separate card with invitation.
- Start planning the honeymoon. If you are
leaving the country, make sure your passport is up to date and verify any
- Register for wedding gifts. Develop a system
for recording gifts as they arrive and for recording when you wrote the
Brides: When booking plane/cruise
tickets for the honeymoon
sure your tickets match your driver's license. In most counties, the
marriage certificate takes approximately 10 business days to process after the
4 - 6 months before the wedding
- Shop for wedding gown and accessories. (Book
your Appointment at The Bridal Station
for Bridal Gowns)
- Have your bridesmaids & parents choose their wears
- Choose and order accessories for
bridesmaids. Keep in mind the time of year and style of wedding.
- Begin drafting invitations.
- Plan your honeymoon
- Shop for your tuxedo's
2 - 4 months before the wedding
- Finish up wedding invitations
- Choose gifts for attendants
- Buy wedding ring/engraving
- Purchase the marriage license (Can buy 1 day before
the wedding up to 90 Days)
- Plan for a rehearsal
1 - 2 months before the wedding
- Buy wedding gift for your groom
- Make appointment with hair stylist.
Would you be hiring a professional makeup artist for the wedding day?
- Arrange accommodations for guests
- Make sure traffic, parking during the wedding day is
- Pick up wedding rings
- Take formal wedding portrait
- Plan bridesmaids' party
- Don't forget to write a thank-you note for gifts
6-8 Weeks before the wedding
2 weeks before the wedding
- Publish wedding announcement in local newspaper
- Decide on the seating for reception. Make
cards for the reception tables
- Arrange to move your belongings to your new home
- Final dress fittings
1 week before the wedding
- CONFIRM every single person you have hired for your
- Make sure you are on their calendar and all times
and dates are correct ! Very Important !!
- Make sure caterer, cake, dj, florist and photographer/videographer
are ready for the wedding.
- Confirm rehearsal plans with all that will be
Your Wedding Day